Three teenagers, aged between 15 and 18, have been arrested for allegedly robbing and assaulting a man along Beatty Road, said police on Thursday (Aug 25).
In a media release, police said they received a report at 2.12am on Wednesday that a man had been assaulted and robbed. Investigations revealed that three male suspects had assaulted him and taken his wallet, which contained S$700 in cash.
Following extensive ground enquiries, officers established the identities of the suspects and arrested them on the same day along King George’s Avenue. The stolen wallet was recovered.
The three boys are also believed to be involved in another case of robbery with hurt at Kallang Riverside Park on Monday.
The suspects will be charged in court on Friday. If convicted, they face a jail term of between five and 20 years, and not less than 12 strokes of the cane.