Despite reports to the contrary, Roberto Martinez may still be in the running to be the next star of The Bachelor, according to the best source there is.
Roberto was being courted by the network several months ago, though no agreement was reached, and he was reportedly dating Kara Ramos at the time.
Many thought he was out, especially given the emergence of Sean Lowe and Arie Luyendyk, Jr. But Reality Steve says Roberto is very much in the mix.
Steve claims Roberto Martinez, who won The Bachelorette in 2010 but broke up with Ali Fedotowsky earlier this year, is now single and ready to mingle.
The network is as interested now as it was this spring.
Arie Luyendyk Jr., for his part, is interested in being the star, but perennial Bachelor spoiler Steve says he doesn't “chance in hell” of landing the gig:
”Yes, they [ABC execs] have met and interviewed both Sean and Arie, but I still haven’t heard anything solid enough that says it won’t be Roberto.”
“This is Roberto’s gig to lose, which is why they were after him hard three months ago. If he got greedy, then I bet they give it to Sean.”
Olympic champion Ryan Lochte is also rumored to be interested, though that seems like a long shot at best. The next season is set to begin filming September 15, so look for ABC to announce its star soon, probably during Bachelor Pad.