After FTISLAND's 2007 debut album [Cheerful Sensibility]'s title song, 'Love Sick' caused the nation to fall in love, 'After Love', 'Bad Girl', 'I Hope', 'Love Love Love', 'Hello Hello', 'Poision', 'I Wish' and many other hit songs have cemented the 5-member band's status at the top. For the past 6 years, FTISLAND has appealed to the public in Japan, Korea and all of Asia. With their live concert skills as well as their various merits on broadcast shows, the band has been keeping busy. But even while on international tours, the band has been constantly practicing and getting ready to receive more love and praise with its return!
To celebrate its 6th anniversary on September 23, FTISLAND released its special album [THANKS TO], filled with self-composed songs. As a special gift to the Primadonnas, we've prepared an inside look at the album and a FAN Q&A with FTISLAND
1. We're curious as to how you listen to music you like.
>> I listen to the artists I like on shuffle ^^
2. We heard you like to spend time fishing?
>> I originally liked freedom, and I somehow ended up going fishing with my acting teacher, and while we were fishing, we talked about a lot of serious life topics, and I had the opportunity to think about myself, and so I became addicted to having that time to myself.
3. When you compose and write lyrics, where do you get most of your inspiration?
>> There's not one particular incident or anecdote that comes to mind. When I don't have anything on my schedule, and I have some alone time, I feel more free and that's when melodies and lyrics come to me the best.
4. What's the biggest difference between your rookie days, right after you debuted, and six years later?
>> I think Choi Jong Hoon as a person, in various meanings, has become a more mature person. I think I know many things that I didn't know them, and I can feel many more diverse things. Sometimes I like that, but sometimes, it's a little difficult.
5. As FTISLAND's leader, was there any incident that made you particularly happy?
>> Since FTISLAND has been active, as a leader, I'm thankful when the members follow me well and when there are a lot of people around us supporting us.
1. This album contains all self-composed songs by the members, but you composed the title track - is there a promise you want to make to the public if your song hits #1?
>> This title song, 'Memory' is a heart-wrenching song about a guy who can't forget about his departed lover, but I will sing this song while dancing!
2. Because the FTISLAND members all have such confidence, it's really appealing! Can you share some tips on how to gain confidence?
>> Hm. I don't know if I can say how to gain confidence, but I like myself. I think that you have to like yourself in order for other people to like you! Don't you think loving yourself and appreciating yourself is a good way to gain confidence? Fighting!
3. Your new title track is called 'Memory' - what is the most vivid memory you have with your fans?
>> Although all our other schedules are fun too, I think, during our Korean and international tours, when the fans come to our concerts and we can see them and have fun and jump up and down together while singing brings the most joy
4. Out of all the tracks you've composed, which is your favorite?
>> I think out of all the songs I've created, 'Black Chocolate' came out with the most emotion that I wanted...
5. If the world were to end, what would be your last wish?
>> I would like to eat a delicious meal with the people I love most, and have my last moments with them.
1. Was there any particular influence when you composed the song 'Falling Star'?
>> As I raced ahead to get to where I am now, I sometimes felt like I was straying farther from my dreams and at times even thought I was losing a part of myself, so I put my heart into this song to tell others like myself to never lose hope and never let go of their dreams. It’s a song I’m singing for myself as well.
2. During your concerts, what was the most surprising moment with your members?
>> When my hyungs cried! ㅠㅠ During the concert, Jung Hoon hyung and Hong Gi hyung cried when we were standing on stage singing live, when they were overwhelmed by emotions, but it was that gratitude and emotion that I was so impressed by.
3. During the 6 years you've been active, what was the most meaningful moment?
>> When I perform concerts with my hyungs, standing on stage with them is always special and has the most meaning for me. I would love to consistently put on exciting performances like now!
4. Of the countries you've never visited before, where do you want to visit the most?
>> Spain and Brazil! I haven't been yet, and I really want to go! I think they'll be really hot places, and I want to feel that passion for myself!
5. Out of all the released FTISLAND songs, which song do you like the most and why?
>> From our 1st debut album, the song 'Meeting'. I still really like that song. I really like the lyrics and the delicate sensibilities. And I feel that the music has a Asian feel. I recommend it to those who haven't heard it yet! Read More.